grief

grief is:

a part of living
and is not always connected to death

 real-don't let anyone tell you it is "all in your head"

 personal-no one else can do it for you

 unique-it affects each person differently

 non discriminating-no one is immune

 unpredictable

 grief affects:
 my head-
literally,
sometimes
 my eyes leak
my head aches
my mind is foggy

 my chest-
literally,
sometimes
my heart aches
my chest constricts
my lungs are short of breath

 my emotions-
literally,
sometimes
triggers are undefined
they are all over the map
feelings have no rhyme or reason


Grief is part of life.

I have given myself permission to "roll with  it"
and I encourage you to do the same.

 If tears are threatening-
let them fall,
catch them with a Kleenex, a shirt sleeve
 or on a friends shoulder or chest*,

*disclaimer:
If a snotty nose is involved,
please leave out the friend's shoulder or chest options.

 Grief is not the whole of life.

If a smile threatens,
let it out.


If you get a case of the giggles,
enjoy it.

If laughter bubbles up-
let it overflow and don't feel guilty.

If I allowed my grief and my loss to be my focus,
it would be constantly overwhelming,
because to be honest,
even though it is not my focus,
sometimes
it is overwhelming anyway.

 1 Peter 1:3-9
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,  to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials,  so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory,  obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls."



 

Comments

Popular Posts