40 yard line

Word of the day yesterday-
respite:
a delay or cessation for a time, especially of anything distressing or trying;
an interval of relief
dictionary.com

Today I simply wanted to run away
to the farm
to the beach
to the mountains
almost anywhere other than here.

I think the song Sarah posted yesterday sums it up pretty well:


 “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, 
and the two shall become one flesh.”
Ephesians 5:31
Part of me has died.

During soccer practice today I sat at the 40 yard line.
To my left, where the boys were practicing there was beautiful light rain.
To my right, on the end the girls where the girls practiced, it was clear. 
I was sitting on the dividing line of rain and clear
(kind of an illustration of life)
and one of my girls held my umbrella 
as I took this picture.


I said "I have seen more rainbows lately than ever before."
she said 
"God knew you needed it'."

"I'm alive, even though a part of me has died..."

I am alive,
and even though a part of me has died
even though I hurt like I have never hurt before,
God is breathing healing into my life.
I have reasons to rejoice-
I have promises to cling to-
God sees,
 God cares, 
God provides
God is faithful
Blessed be the name of the Lord!


Comments

Popular Posts