this is the good life

Before I write any more posts 
I want to make some things 
completely clear.

I am grieving, 
but my life is not miserable,
I do not cry without ceasing.

I am grieving 
but I have never felt so loved, 
so protected, so provided for by God.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled blogging.

This is part of an e-mail I received this morning:

"My devotion encouraged me to read Psalms 23 today and the rest of the week, as I read it I thought of the conversation we had the other day about grief - and the words simply state how it is that you are going through this time in a way that so many people cannot understand.

It also allows me to have a peace beyond understanding as I go through each day knowing that I have a shepherd leading me on a path with xxxxx  that without Him I would not be able to handle. "

Psalm 23 explains why, 
regardless of what the day has held, 
I end each day with bold confidence and assurance. 

As you read Psalm 23, fill in your xxxxx.


The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
    He leads me beside peaceful streams.

He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
    bringing honor to His name.
Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
    My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me 

all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.

My paraphrase:
God is responsible for my care and well being and He will provide all that I need.

God leads me to places where I can be nourished and where I can rest.

God is my strength. Every day. He guides me on right paths-paths designed to honor Him.

Even in the darkest places of my life, I have nothing to fear because God is close to me. Where there is Light, darkness cannot dwell. God desires to guide, correct, protect, defend and comfort me.

God has provided all that I need to live abundantly in Him-and no one, no thing, no circumstance, can take that from me. He has set me apart to be His and He will heal my wounds. He blesses me lavishly.

God pursued and wooed me, patiently, kindly, gently, persistently calling me to Himself. His love is true and everlasting, and now that I have tasted of True Love, nothing else satisfies, and as long as I remain faithful to Him, one day I will go home and live with Him in heaven. 

This is the good life.

Comments

Popular Posts