re-use, re-gift, re-purpose

some things are just plain too good to get rid of
some things are too rich with sentiment to let go of
some things have far outlived their present usefulness  
so, based on the value the holder places on the "thing", 
decisions have to be made:

trash
re-use
re-gift
re-purpose
store for a future project

as I sort through my cedar chest
my closets
drawers
cupboards
under beds

(some day I will make a plan to tackle the attic and building)

I see projects, 
planned and never started, 
let alone completed
gifts and useful things, 
in my mind, waiting 

trash
re-use
re-gift
re-purpose
store for a future project

I am making those choices
and it is exhausting 
in a way physical work never is
because some things are just too good to get rid of 
and some things are too rich with sentiment to let go of


scrap booking supplies
craft kits for the grands
Popsicle sticks, etc
teaching supplies
white elephant gifts
other craft goodies
can be found in this closet

cloth diapers & covers
puppets
costumes
activity books
several quilts
a set of Vera Bradley-like luggage for me
are on these shelves
do you see them?
a memory book made by Beth
a wall hanging from our 25th anniversary
Jonathan's blanket
Andrew's sheet
a magnet Hannah made
Bill's stuffed dog
are a few of the treasures in my cedar chest

Comments

Popular Posts