blind spots

    The blind spot is the area on the retina without receptors that respond to light. Therefore an image that falls on this region will NOT be seen. It is in this region that the optic nerve exits the eye on its way to the brain.
thank you google search engine
I did not realize this is an actual area

I know about blind spots
I am very aware of them as I drive
I check my shoulder every time I change lanes
I do not want to be responsible for causing an accident
but that is exactly what almost happened yesterday as I drove north
I had just checked my rearview mirror and my side mirror,
picked up my French Vanilla/English Toffee Cappuccino to take a drink,
Tim Hortons will make a mixed drink for you if you ask
turned on my blinker and began to merge lanes...
I heard a horn and looked over my right shoulder
cappuchino spilling down the front of my shirt 
to see where the sound was coming from and saw a small, shiny, red car-
in my blind spot! 
The one I was sure I had checked!

Simultaneously 
I was thanking God for guardian angels 
for people who were praying for safety as I travelled
for the man who was driving and alert
I was saying, out loud, "I am sorry. I am so sorry. I didn't see you!"
wishing there was a way to actually communicate that to him 
and to thank him for being aware
I still do not know how I did not see that shiny, new, red car
I was very thankful we were able to continue our journeys unharmed
and I began praying...

"Lord, please make me aware of blind spots in my spiritual life. I know they are there. Open my eyes to see places that if I go in that direction will cause a collision. Damage. Maybe even death. Open my eyes to see You and the right direction more clearly. Thank you for the times you have opened my eyes in the past to allow me to see what would otherwise be hidden."


"Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law."
Psalm 119:118


I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in His holy people, and His incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength He exerted when He raised Christ from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills everything in every way." 
Ephesians 1:17-23

Comments

Popular Posts