when a storm is brewing

What do you do when you know a storm is coming?

while we were at the beach there were a few times 
we could see a storm in the making
and we took necessary precautions
last weekend while I was in Akron 
a snow storm was developing, 
actually more than one 
the first arrived Sunday and gave me an extra day to visit 
and I scurried out of town before the second one hit Tuesday

recently there has been a storm brewing in me
even though things appear calm
I can feel it building in my chest
and in the tears that beg to fall 
but are somehow dammed
their release will be welcome
like a sneeze
that has teased and tickled
but obstinately refused to come

life changes are imminent:
some I am privy to,
and I am certain there are others I am blissfully unaware of

I am uncomfortable in this state of limbo
and for stability I hang on with all my might
to my God, 
my Rock,
my Anchor

"For God alone my soul waits in silence;
    from Him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.
On God rests my salvation and my glory;
    my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
    pour out your heart before Him;
    God is a refuge for us."
Psalm 62:1&2, 7&8

"...when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of His purpose, He guaranteed it with an oath, so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek." 
Hebrews 6:17-20

"You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on You
because he trusts in You.
Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord God is an everlasting rock."
Isaiah 23:3-4

Comments

Popular Posts