graduation day learnin'

today was KCU graduation day
and for what may be the very first time
I didn't cry during the ceremony
well if I am completely honest
a few tears did escape while the choral group sang the following song:


normally I am a mess as kids I love walk across the stage
I am thrilled for them 
I am so proud of them
but I know how much I will miss them
and that combination normally translates to several used kleenex

I still cannot identify what was different
today was a day of happiness 
no sadness or dread of tomorrow
maybe I am learning more how to live in the moment
and to thoroughly enjoy what I have today

I didn't get to see everyone I planned to see afterward
and I didn't get pictures with everyone I did get to hug and congratulate
but here are a few treasures I did get 
Kelsey has been in my life for eleven years
she and Ruth met in Middle School and played soccer together
she helped coach at KCU this past season
she graduated with a social work degree today
watch out world, she WILL make a positive difference


I met Hannah four years ago
she is part of my soccer family
she is going to be a great teacher
I will miss watching her play soccer
I hope she teaches locally
these four are past graduates who are family
Charles, Bekah, Caleb, me & Jabriel
all grown up with grown up jobs
except me
I am still trying to decide what I want to do when I grow up 



I came home to these smiling faces 
I didn't get all the faces here either 















"All I know is I'm not home yet, this is not where I belong"
is an accurate song-my true home is heaven-
but I also know that as long as I am here in this world,
waiting to go home, my life is FULL 
and I don't want to miss a moment of the good life I have

Comments

Popular Posts