the game of life

the sound of a baseball game on the radio,
how many evenings did I hear the Indians play while Bill worked at home
tonight my son-in-law is listening to the Cubs


the sound of Monopoly game pieces hitting the board
girls giggling and discussing moves, payments and places they land 
tonight it is my grand daughters I hear, not my kids

the sound of mommy and daddy getting a little one ready for bed
telling a Bible story and listening to prayers
now it is Ruth and Kyle with Xavier every night

a baby fussing
is a tooth may be working its way to the surface?
but it isn't my baby, it is my youngest grand daughter

life feels a little surreal as I sit in my family room surrounded by people
the more things change, the more they stay the same
there are just different players and some missing pieces in the game now


Comments

Popular Posts