the lump in my throat

sometimes the lump in my throat is so large it can't be swallowed
occasionally it is big enough it blocks the words in my head
this is one of those nights

it is well with my soul 
but my body is weary
and that normally is the biggest contributing factor

so I am going to curl up in my Father's lap
I am going to seek my rest early rather than wrestling for words
and if tears will help dissolve the obstruction, they will flow freely

good night friends
sweet dreams and refreshing rest
is my prayer for all of us

"Come to Me, 
all who labor and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 
who comforts us in all our affliction, 
so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, 
with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
2 Corinthians 1:3-4


Comments

Popular Posts