going through the motions

some days 
I feel like I am in an out of body experience
I know I am here
I know I am active 
I know I am interacting
I know I am doing what I need to do
but it feels like I am only watching myself live 

I can't find the right words to explain
but I have found that as long as I continue to do 
what I need to do
when I need to do it
whether I feel like doing it or not
even if it doesn't feel like I am engaged 
eventually 
my mind, emotions and body 
catch up and return to being in sync

so on days like today
when it feels like I am on the outside looking in,
and it seems like I am simply going through the motions,
I just keep putting one foot in front of the other,
giving myself a break,
resisting the temptation to judge myself harshly
and rest in knowing this weirdness will not last forever

Comments

Popular Posts