held

the handsome toddler being held by his momma at church this morning
smiled and answered yes when I asked him if he got a new haircut
those two fingers stuck in his mouth were a sign that he was a sleepy boy
his pap took him when we stood to sing 
and before long little guy was snuggled in his pap's arms, relaxed, fast asleep, not a care in the world
being part of that experience is one of the sweetest things on earth

whether you are the one holding

the one being held

 or an onlooker
Deborah, Ruth, Andrew


as I watched
my heart smiled
my soul was drawn to my Father
and as I focused on being held by Him
I felt myself 
settling down
comforted
relaxing
secure
my soul finding rest
because the arms holding me are safe



"In peace I will both lie down and sleep;
    for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."
                              Psalm 4:8

Comments

Popular Posts