the ghosts of situation past

the last time I was in the situation I am in tonight was Jan. 2012
I was in Illinois getting ready to care for Sarah's children 
she was going on a cruise she earned through Gold Canyon
Kourtney had to work
so being the good grandma I am
I volunteered to babysit
I got to her house and I was sick
in pain that sent me to bed in tears
it was so bad Bill and two of our football boys drove 7+hours to get me
Bill and I stayed the night
the boys started back immediately so they wouldn't miss class

that has been in the back of my mind for a few days now
lurking
taunting
threatening
tomorrow Sarah has to have surgery
Kourtney will have to go back to work Thursday and Friday
being the good grandma I am
I volunteered to babysit
tonight I am in Russell Springs Ky
thankfully I am not sick and in pain and in tears
but I would be lying if I said I am not a little nervous

the "ghosts" of the past
rise up to haunt and to threaten
the Holy Ghost is my only defense against them
prayers for all of us would be more than welcome
for successful surgery, complete recovery and awareness of the Comforter

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. "
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Comments

Popular Posts