Thanksgiving 2014 part 2


"...Weeping may tarry for the night,
    but joy comes with the morning."
from Psalm 30:5


It is a few hours and a little sleep after the very early morning post**
and being thankful is not as much of a struggle.
Good memories flood my mind
and I find smiles creeping into my heart.
There are still tears. 
I am guessing they will appear throughout the day,
but it is somehow easier to focus on what I have 
rather than on what I am missing. 
What we focus on is a choice.
Focus keeps us on track
when distractions are thrown at us.
Focus takes concentration.

I am focused on looking for the good gifts in my life.
My heart is full-
My heart is strong-
Because "the joy of the Lord is my strength."

In Him I find
Contentment
Peace
Rest
Hope
Purpose
Grace 
Mercy
Forgiveness
Love
Faithfulness
What more do I need?

**I am thankful for the weeping because it is a necessary release
and it drove me, once again, 
to the Lover and Healer and Comforter of my soul. 
In His presence is the very best place to be!

Comments

Popular Posts