overwhelmed

Word of the day:

overwhelmed:
to be overcome completely in mind or feeling

word choice inspired by the song of the day 
and bolstered by the Scriptures quoted beneath the song link.
(thank you Laura for sharing the song with me last night)



"Oh give thanks to the Lord
call upon His name;
    make known His deeds among the peoples!
Sing to Him, sing praises to Him;
    tell of all His wondrous works!
Glory in His holy name;
    let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice!
Seek the Lord and His strength;
    seek His presence continually!"
Psalm 105:1-4

“Seek the Lord while He may be found;
    call upon Him while He is near;
let the wicked forsake his way,
    and the unrighteous man his thoughts;
let him return to the Lord
that He may have compassion on him,
    and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.
'For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways My ways,'
 declares the Lord.
'For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are My ways higher than your ways
    and My thoughts than your thoughts.'"
Isaiah 55:6-9


"In my distress I called upon the Lord;
    to my God I cried for help.
From His temple He heard my voice,
    and my cry to Him reached His ears."
Psalm 18:6


 "For what great nation is there 
that has a god so near to it 
as the Lord our God is to us, 
whenever we call upon Him?"
Deuteronomy 4:7

Comments

Popular Posts