Trust His Heart


 "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose." ESV

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." NASB

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." NIV
Romans 8:28

Do I believe this verse?

Do I live like I believe that
He is working for my good.

In all things?
In every circumstance?

In ease
In trials
In sickness
In health
In happiness
In sorrow
In rejoicing
In grieving
In life
In death

When I lose sight of what His purpose is
it is easy to doubt that He is working,
let alone that He is working all things for good.

I am easily discouraged and misled 
when my interpretation of this verse 
includes defining good as: 
  easy
  quick
  pleasant
  sensible
  immediate
  convenient
  comfortable
  understandable

What is God's purpose?
That I know Him.
That I mature in Him.
That I have an intimate relationship with Him.
That I share the the good news of God's love for mankind.
He loved me long before I loved Him.
(This is all true for you too.)



Either 
God is good,all the time 
and 
all the time, God is good.
Or 
He isn't good at all.

I do not have to like,
I do not have to agree with,
I do not have to understand,
what is going on in my life,
to know that God is good.

And that He is good all the time.

When I cannot trace His hand, 
I reflect on His purpose,
I recall His faithfulness,
I hope in His promises,
I rest in His love
and I choose to trust His heart.

"And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly."
 Romans 5:5&6


Comments

Popular Posts