found

I wish it would stop-
the random finding of things.

At best my heart skips and pounds-
often the find ends up in tears.

I found two of Bill's notebooks in the "mail box" at church
when cleaning last week.

I found a paper clip in front of his dresser yesterday morning-
that shouldn't still be happening.

I found a bottle of sparkling grape juice in the closet last evening-
we took it on vacation and didn't drink it.

I found Bill's model KDMC helicopter tonight-
he was so excited when KCU was the med vac base.

I have been alone with each one of these finds.

And yet...



I am thankful it will never stop-
the finding that I am not alone.

God sees the storm I am in,
He also makes sure I see Him.

Daily, friends and family communicate their love, 
remind me of their prayers, and ask if I have a need.

A wonderfully strong hug from a friend Monday evening
made me feel protected and a little more whole.

One of my boys made an ice cream cone for me tonight,
he made me feel cherished.

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

I have found that I have a "many-corded" support system.

I am thankful.



Comments

Popular Posts