wish list

I have a list of things I wish I had time for.
Movies I wish I had time to watch.
Piles of books waiting to be read.
Crafts to explore.

In the past there was a task to accomplish
or someone to tend to.
It started with my brother Charles 
who is 15 months younger than I am.

Add brothers Greg and David.
Meet friends.
Get married.
Have children.

Now the children are grown, 
with families of their own.
Bill has gone home to be with the Lord, 
and I have more than enough time for all those things.

But right now-
Movies-don't interest me.
Books-I can't concentrate long enough to read one.
Crafts-have no appeal.

What draws my attention?
What holds my interest?
What energizes me?
What is my passion?

It starts with God.
It ends with people.
Sharing life with them.
Sharing Gods love with them.

I am sure I will watch movies and read books,
and I hope to get some of those stashed crafts done-
but now, more than ever, there is an urgency in my life:
I am captivated by God's love and am compelled to share it.



ur·gent
ˈərjənt/
adjective
  1. (of a state or situation) requiring immediate action or attention.


"For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and He died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for Him who for their sake died and was raised."
"Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making His appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God."
2 Corinthians 5:14-15; 5:20-21

Comments

Popular Posts