three days of this free fall

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
Psalm 34:18
Yesterday
Today
Tomorrow

Thursday 11/27/14
Friday 11/28/14
Saturday 11/29/14

Thanksgiving
Thirteen weeks
Three months

That is what is on my mind 
after a night of dreams
and a morning of a racing/pounding heart.

This
is life
without Bill.

This
is 
hard.
I am working my way through Colossians.
Todays reading concisely details
how I am going to continue to heal, indeed, to live:


"Continue steadfastly in prayer, 
being watchful in it with thanksgiving. 
At the same time, pray also for us..."
Colossians 4:2-3

I will continue to pray steadfastly.
About everything.
Never giving up.

I will be watchful in prayer
asking God to open my eyes
to see things to be thankful for.

I am mindful that I am not the only one grieving.
I will ask God to keep me aware.
I will pray for others.

It would be easy
to concentrate solely on my own hurt
but it would not be healthy.

I will continue to covet the prayers of others for me and my family.
I thank God for the incredible support system He has provided for me. 
I will continue to thank God I am not in this "free fall" on my own.


"Seek the Lord and His strength; 
seek His presence continually!"
Psalm 105:4

Comments

Popular Posts