True and Truth

"There are things that are true about you
 and then there is the truth about you."

I have been thinking about this part of the sermon all day.

There are things that are true about me-
moments in time, 
some that I am glad for, some I mourn.

There is the truth about me-
the beliefs that I strive to live by,
the character that is based on the redemptive work of God in my life.

It is true that I am a widow.
It is true that I have a family who loves me.
It is true that I sometimes curl up in the fetal position and sob.
It is true that tonight I laughed so hard my sides hurt 
and I almost wet my pants.



The truth is that I find rest and comfort 
in knowing that God is my husband.


"For your Maker is your husband,
    the Lord of hosts is his name;
and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer,
    the God of the whole earth he is called."
Isaiah 54:5

The truth is that God has extended my family,
I have a host of brothers and sisters and children- 
the blood of Jesus connects us.

The truth is that I find rest and comfort 
in knowing God sees my tears.

"You have kept count of my tossings;
    put my tears in your bottle.
    Are they not in your book?"
Psalm 56:8

The truth is that laughter is good medicine,
and joy is better than happiness.

Comments

Popular Posts