balance

The note from Bill that I found the other day 
threw me off balance for a few hours.

There have been other things.

There will be more things.

It is part of living.

When I was doing physical therapy for my back ten years ago the Physical Therapist wanted me to walk on a treadmill. 
I told her;"I cannot walk on a treadmill. I fall off. Every single time." 
She didn't believe me and smiled-until she saw me try to walk on one, then she laughed! (Not at me, just with me.) I could not find nor keep my balance. 
She taught me to look up, not down, to focus. 
I found my balance and I was able to walk while the ground moved.

In some ways I feel like I am learning to live life on a treadmill.

Things move beneath my feet and I have to look up-

"lift up my eyes to the hills. 
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lordwho made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2


I have to focus-

"looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."
Hebrews 12:2


Comments

Popular Posts