nerves of still

 Nerves of still is not a misprint.

It also is not what I woke up with.

The anxiety monster and I wrestled, 
behind a closed door 
for a long while this morning. 

Feeding it were thoughts about:
needing to pack
what I would forget 
driving almost 300 miles today
(the first time in four or five years)
with two people I don't know well
going to Costa Rica tomorrow 

Prayer and the Word of God
was my antidote.
Ephesians 6 was the passage of the day.

...Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil... 
Ephesians 6

God kept it tamed all day.

"God is our refuge and strength,
    a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
    though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
    though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah
...The Lord of hosts is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah
...Be still, and know that I am God.
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth!
The Lord of hosts is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress." Selah
Psalm 46

Selah: pause, rest

Nerves of still is what I will sleep with tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts