crazy, comfort


When I stop to examine my feelings in the last twelve hours 
(half of which was sleep time)
"crazy quilt" comes to mind as a visual representation.

broken
crushed
chewed up and spit out
shattered
beaten

held
kept
safe
healing
protected

sad
weary
pained
despair
weighted

joy
hope
loved
peace
confident

dark and light threads,
beauty being stitched one patch at a time,
knowing this is all part of the journey,
holding onto truth while lies scream to be bought,
thankful for green pastures, still waters and restoration

I look at life differently now.
When I am tempted to worry, when I find myself trying to anticipate what I might feel next, I remind myself that is time and energy ill spent and I don't have any to waste. 
I recognize, more readily, the value of "scraps".
As the pieces of my life are being stitched together, 
a unique beauty is emerging.
I don't know if it is a bad thing or a good thing,
but I am getting comfortable with crazy.





Comments

Popular Posts