encouragement


I was invited to join friends at Greenbo State Park this weekend. It is a thirty minute drive. As I headed out to share the evening with them, thoughts of the things people have communicated to me about Bill began to replay in my mind. I am thankful for every good memory shared, every compliment paid, every word of appreciation expressed. I did begin to wonder-did Bill know what these people thought of him-how he positively impacted their lives? It is nice for me to hear what people thought about my husband, but I know it would have been a great encouragement to him to have heard these same words. I was convicted. I decided that I am going to make a conscious effort to find a different person every day this week to thank for something specific they do habitually or have done to encourage me or positively impact or my life. Want to join me? 


What if we practiced this until it was habit?

 " Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."
Hebrews 10:23-25



Comments

Popular Posts