what's wrong with this picture?



Why this photo?
It is an accurate depiction of how I felt tonight.

Off kilter.
Upside down.

So I stopped.
In a public place, so I was safe, but good for a private ugly cry.

When the tears were spent I looked up and saw the steering wheel.
"I can't travel safely with the wheel like this. It has to be straight."
"I can't travel safely with raging feelings steering me."

So I continued to sit.
And I...
Cried
Groaned
Screamed
Prayed
Remembered
Pondered
Contemplated
Asked for wisdom
Pleaded for needs to be met
Longing for discernment to know the difference between a need and a want
trusting that God is faithful to provide what I need when I need it.

I blew my nose on my next to the last kleenex,
started the car and began to drive.
The steering wheel rotated and I safely drove home.

Is it easy to navigate through life?
NO.
Is it painless?
Rarely.
Is it worth it?
Absolutely.

Comments

Popular Posts