Silence. Stillness. Waiting.

Silence can be deafening.

Stillness can be the hardest thing I do.

Waiting can seem endless.

But in the silence, 
when I am still, 
waiting expectantly, joyfully, patiently, confidently 
I hear God speak.
Not audibly, but it is assuredly Him nonetheless.

And so, I relish silence, even when it screams to be broken.

I practice stillness, even when life shouts "do something". 

And I wait. Because He who promised is faithful.

"And I am sure of this, 
that He who began a good work in you 
will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."
Philippians 1:6

"And we know that for those who love God 
all things work together for good, 
for those who are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28

"Let us hold fast 
the confession of our hope without wavering, 
for He who promised is faithful."
Hebrews 10:23

Comments

Popular Posts