little league, big memories 206/366


There is something special about a perfect summer evening spent watching a little league baseball game. Bill  loved and played baseball from the time he was a little boy through college at Akron U. He wasn't only on the team, he played. That love of the game led to our boys playing and Bill coaching. Ruth played Tee Ball for two years and Deborah played softball for several years so I am no stranger to a ball diamond. Happy memories of that time danced through my head while I watched Landon play today. The icing on the cake was hearing, then seeing a train come down the tracks behind us. Trains were another thing Bill enjoyed and stories I've heard from his mom about when he was a little boy flooded my mind. Thank you Anita, Ron, Tiffany and Garrett for including me in your evening. It made mine priceless.

Comments

Popular Posts