sometimes life is a bowl of cherries 191/366

today has been like a bowl of sweet bing cherries


a friend's son in law installed my new kitchen faucet and sprayer


a beautiful summer blue sky 
with puffy white clouds adorning it has been another treat
it was nice while I walked this morning
it was nice when I decided to wash a load of rags and rugs
because I could hang those things on my clothesline to dry

I finished painting the four downstairs interior doors this morning
I hung them this afternoon while the laundry washed 
installing new hinges
and new door knobs
equals a solid sense of accomplishment 


I went into the laundry room when I heard the washer ding
and found a puddle
I wasn't sure why the sink was leaking
and then I realized it was wet by the toilet
and I opened the lid to see this not so lovely sight
the water from the washer backed up into the toilet
the color of that water tells me the rugs were dirtier than I realized!


when Beth and Sarah were here we had a slight issue
I thought it was resolved
but for future reference I wanted to know where my sewer tap is
 I called yesterday about having someone come out to show me
they were out of the office working 
I called again while I was walking this morning and left a message
I haven't heard back yet
I hope I do soon
because I think the future is now

the rugs and rags were almost dry and one tiny, dark cloud let loose
I took everything off of the lines because I sure didn't want them dripping wet
especially with no way to use the washer to spin the extra water out
thankfully it was a quick pop up sprinkle
everything is back on the line and almost dry

and slowly, 
like a slug or sloth 
the water is draining from the toilet


when I first saw that water I thought;
"life is looking a less like cherries 
and more like the pits"


but honestly, 
if that and the sprinkles are the worst things I face today, 
it's still been a good day

P.S.
does anyone know the smoke signals for "send help"?
if so private message me,
I'll rely on my Indian heritage, 
build another fire tonight 
and use your information to communicate with the proper authorities

Comments

Popular Posts