sometimes my thoughts make me dizzy 207/366

2016 Hurricane Season – Average season expected > 45th Space Wing ...sometimes my heart and mind get so full 
of conflicting
and complimenting ideas,
of comparing
and contrasting opinions,
of trying to identify every "what if",
making plans for each possible scenario
that I feel dizzy,
unbalanced

and there is no way 
to capture
let alone decipher
or interpret
or translate
or communicate
the scope and depths of
the emotions
the thoughts
the intuitions
that are straining to be heard and shared

and many, 
if not most,
have no business being made public,
they serve a far better purpose kept private and silent
but they are loud and persistent and difficult to control
this is one of those stormy times 
and experience has taught me 
that rather than continue to run on the hamster wheel
I'll get further, faster and more efficiently if I simply stop, 
lower the anchor in the midst of the gale
and take a minute to focus on what is real and true and eternal

"God is our refuge and strength,
    a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
    though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
    though the mountains tremble at its swelling.  Selah (rest)
Be still, and know that I am God..." from Psalm 46

Comments

  1. I need this wise counsel today. Thank you and I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts