holding on and letting go

Deborah got in the attic Saturday afternoon
hunting for a box she and Ruth missed the other day
each time she comes home she goes through this exercise of sorting
and when she is done the number of containers she stores decreases
it always amazes me...


watching her has taught me some important things

holding on
letting go
experience changes our perspective
some things increase in value 
some things you wonder why in the world you kept it in the first place

tonight I am thinking about life
and how important it is to take inventory,
to sort through the stuff I have stored away
not so much in my attic, though I do need to tackle that monster,
but, more importantly, the things I allow to stay in my mind

holding on
letting go
I pray for wisdom and discernment 
I also pray for courage and whatever else I need 
to be able to hold on and to let go

"For everything there is a season,
...a time to keep, and a time to cast away..."
from Ecclesiastes 3:1 & 6

Comments

Popular Posts