He. Sees. ME.


I found this treasure when I walked tonight.

What.
Really?
You don't see the value?
I guess it's message was whispered just to me.
But the lesson is so wonderful I cannot keep it to myself!

I think many are in such a rush 
they wouldn't notice it.
If they did happen to see it, 
most would pass it by,
after all it is only a penny
and it is beat up.
On top of the scars it has received from rough treatment,
having been run over, 
from the looks of it, numerous times,
it is not laying right.
It isn't heads up.

But oh the richness this penny holds for me.
A gentle reminder that regardless of how battered I am,
no matter how torn up I feel,
in spite of the wear and tear I have received,
God notices.

He. Sees. ME.
He doesn't pass me by.
Rather, 
He stops.
He leans down.
He picks me up.
He holds me in the palm of His hand,
scars and all.
He values me.
Therefore, I am valuable.
Oh the richness that comes from knowing Whose I am!

In Genesis 16:13 Hagar gives a beautiful name to God: 
...“You are the God who sees me,”...
That same God who saw her?
He sees me.
He sees you.

Comments

Popular Posts