when sad made me happy

Tuesday was a sad day
not a heavy cloak that threatened to smother me kind of day
I was simply "blue" and my face leaked a few times
as I walked a few miles last evening
I realized that acknowledging the sadness did not cause me to feel unsettled

I was not tempted 
to analyze 
to find an excuse 
to search for contributing factors
and I experienced no guilty feelings for not being "happy"

I may be mistaken, but I think being at a point of accepting 
that some days are simply going to be sad 
"without cause" 
is a healthy thing 
and it may sound odd, but that makes me happy

my face is smiling and my heart is singing as this day comes to an end:
You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,
That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.
Psalm 30:11&12


Comments

Popular Posts