separation anxiety denied

the Markey's and I started out travelling together
leaving Cincy long after we originally intended to arrive home in Grayson
I was following them but traffic separated us before we reached the AA
so I spoke to Siri and got directions
11:30 PM is dark when you are travelling alone,
no cars before or behind
on a road with no street lights

windows down,
listening to crickets and peepers
I drove, 
praying and singing worship songs
watching the full moon play peek-a-boo,
intermittently casting shadows of light on my dashboard
and over my shoulder
making me think of the angels that surround us

arriving safely home
in the wee hours of the morning
I will wait until morning to unpack my car,
thankful for a reliable car 
thankful to be resting in my own room tonight,
thankful to know there is one more thing I can do by myself
thankful for the time of sweet fellowship with God's Spirit tonight

Comments

Popular Posts