living in balance

I didn't eat breakfast soon enough this morning
so I was feeling a little dizzy.
I fixed something to eat and sat down with my computer.
Checked my business stuff, then went to Facebook.
This was the first thing I saw.
This is the kind of stuff 
that is like a shot out of nowhere into my chest:
Your Memories on Facebook
Donnette, we care about you and the memories you share here. We thought you'd like to look back on this post from 6 years ago.

is thankful for the strong guard God put over my mouth and the wise counsel of my husband and friend. These have kept me from making a huge mistake, thanks!
I don't remember what was going on six years ago.
Honestly, sometimes I don't remember six hours ago!
I don't need to go back and figure it out. 
It's over.
I do remember and miss Bill's calm counsel and wisdom.

Then there was this memory from last year:
Feed the Crave Ministries added a new photo — with Sarah Bondurant Funk and 4 others.

I am holding the ladder, Andrew is on the ladder, Bre is on the ground passing something up to Sarah, in the white shirt, Beth is next to Sarah. Hannah took the photo. We were in Costa Rica on a mission trip. We did many different things while we were there. This day we were working on new housing for mission teams.
Feed the Crave Ministries's photo.
I am holding the ladder, Andrew is on the ladder, Bre is on the ground
Beth (in blue) and Sarah (in white) are on the platform.
We were helping to build a dorm in Costa Rica.
Life is full of choices:
focus only what we do not have
first FB memory
and get mired down in a pit of misery
or acknowledge our loss, 
stopping to mourn when we need to
but also continuing to walk, 
to love, 
to serve, 
and build new memories.
second FB memory
I choose life. 
I also choose soft, strong kleenex.
It's a balance.

Now I need to get off of my computer,

go clean the church 

and finish getting ready to go to camp tomorrow! Woot, woot!

Comments

Popular Posts