heading home

if you have a good home 
there is something about knowing you are heading home that can be
encouraging when the road seems too long
empowering when you are feeling weak
exhilarating when you are exhausted

when the baby is fussy
when the kids are bored
when the adults were not ready for vacation to be over
when it is hour nine of an at least twelve hour trip
it's knowing that home is at the end of the journey that keeps you going

when the world taunts
when storms threaten and winds buffet
when the losses seem to be greater than the gains
when the pain that comes with living on earth seems overwhelming
it's knowing I am going home that makes this journey worth it all

Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also."
John 14:1-3

Please don't fret or worry. 
I am weary as I write this evening.
I am not rushing to get there, 
but I am ready to go home, to dwell in the place prepared for me.
That makes it well with my heart and with my soul. 

I just found a beautiful take on a favorite song of mine!

Comments

Popular Posts