brave

I wish I could say I am wearing this shirt today
in honor of my Indian heritage
Blackfoot tribe
or because green is my favorite color
green is my favorite color
or because Round Lake Christian Camp is one of my favorite places
RLCA is one of my favorite places
but the truth of the matter?
it is a Friday and it will be Friday
from the time I awoke until the time I call it a day
and my Fridays can be like Monday's are typically portrayed

when I was choosing what to wear this morning comfort was paramount
which most often looks like a tee shirt and jeans
yesterday in the name of comfort I wore a favorite KCU soccer tee
after five seasons I have plenty to choose from, 
but today, from the get go
I felt I might need an extra measure of encouragement
so I chose this summer's green RLCA staff tee shirt
to boost my courage and serve a reminder
to take whatever the enemy throws at me 
and run to the shelter of the arms of the One who loves me most
He makes me brave

"Wait for the Lord;
    be strong, and let your heart take courage;
    wait for the Lord!"

Psalm 27:14

Comments

Popular Posts