Panama City Beach 2016

Goodwill and my crystal vase purchase
Olive Garden, twice in a week
Subway and 'merica shorts
Walmart, more than twice in a week
McDonald's for ice cream one night
parking decks on the right, condos on the left
elevator ride to get to the condo we rented

reminders of my first trip to PCB in May 2014 with Bill
memories I shared with Deborah as we passed those places this evening
I seem to be drawn by an invisible force to this stretch of sand and ocean
because when given the opportunity to go to the beach
this is the first area I check for rental units

facing the enemy is the only way I know to conquer it
sometimes I need to retreat and regroup
but sometimes I need to charge right into his lair
I don't want to allow fear of pain to negatively affect the present
I want to fill this strip of oceanfront-PCB to Laguna Beach-with good memories created with my kids and grandkids to add to the ones Bill and I made here
so the next six days I will be busy sharing PCB with Deborah's family

I am thankful for the stranger who took this.


May 2014


Yes, this was real.
The shirt. The shorts. The orange hat.
I almost choked on my sub! 
Olive Garden twice and Outback once in the same week? Crazy!





the week between Christmas and New Year's 2015 
All of us but Deborah's family were able to come to Laguna Beach
12/26/15 our first night

our last night, 12/31/15

August 1-8 2016 
Markey week at the beach
to begin our first night here Abigail saw another faint rainbow 
the sunset was vividly beautiful
it was too dark to get pictures of Abigail and Selah and Gabriel's first ocean experience, but rest assured, I will share some this week ...

Comments

Popular Posts