a fish tale

once upon a time,
way back in the last century,
this happened:


www.pepperidgefarm.com/History.aspx

Pepperidge Farm
Campbell Soup Company, one of the largest and most highly respected food companies in North America, acquires Pepperidge Farm in 1961. America gets its first taste of Goldfish crackers in 1962. Margaret Rudkin discovers the snack cracker on a trip to Switzerland and returns with the recipe.

Goldfish madness began
have you looked at the flavors available?
it is CRAZY!

Deborah and I were at Target picking up a few snacks for the ride home
and ended up with 5 (five) bags of Goldfish

why 5?
because buying five got us a "free" tote
very cute, available in yellow and pink

we chose
chocolate mint & pretzel
Princess (cheddar flavor but pink)
extra cheddar and pretzel
honey mustard & pretzel
and s'more
that last flavor spawned this post

I innocently stuck my hand in the bag
pulled out a handful of s'more mix
and began matching and eating

one chocolate fish
one fish marshmallow
one white fish

not bad
fun actually
until I got to the end

it's all fun and games... 
until you end up with
four extra marshmallows
one and a half white fish left
and tears leave a salty trail on your face

I had a flashback: 
Bill eating ice cream 
with my homemade fudge sauce
it never came out even so he'd get more
it was a vicious cycle

Deborah asked if I wanted s'more
I told her I couldn't chance it
with my face still leaking I told her why

who knew Goldfish crackers
could/would cause a reaction 
with the potential to scare the children

it serves as a reminder:
grief is not something I will "get over"
it is something I am learning to live with 

PS just to be safe, 
next time I will choose plain Goldfish
or maybe switch to Cheez Its

Comments

Popular Posts