E 64


grief stinks
I have been teary over nothing and everything since Sunday morning
one word in the sermon
saying see ya' later to the kids
sitting on the couch doing nothing
seeing the "E64 call service" code on the dryer last night
the salesman telling me today the dryer is still under warranty
and on this warm but dreary winter afternoon
I can feel anger building over nothing and everything

so I think it is time to stop
sit and enjoy my Progresso Chicken Noodle soup
with a box of soft Kleenex by my side and not think,
just feel
and let the tears fall if they want to
and spend some time being still 
knowing that this "funk" will pass...
the tears, I can deal with those,
but the anger, I can't let that get a foothold


"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God." James 1:19-20

"Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil." Ephesians 4: 26-27



"so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek." Hebrews 6:18-20

Comments

Popular Posts