it's Friday, again


"if you don't have something nice to say,
don't say anything at all"
that is kind of where I have been today
so I have been fairly silent
it is Friday
and memories of earlier years
have filtered in and out of my mind 

I am tired, bone weary, clear to the marrow tired
I found myself easily angered over stupid stuff that really does not matter
I was reluctant to do what I needed to do, but pushed myself 
long story short,
I made myself be a responsible adult today
and I didn't like it, 
but I did it

"Be still"
I hear the Lord calling to my spirit tonight
so here I sit before Him
wearing Bill's Ohio State sweatshirt
with a fire in the woodstove
"Speak Lord, your servant is listening"
"Be still"

I hear You Lord

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm." Ephesians 6:12-13

this is the verse of the day from biblegateway.com.
sometimes I just need a reminder

"It's Friday, but Sunday's coming"
a reference to Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday
just popped into my head and made me smile
because it reminds me that I live here on earth now,
but one day, heaven will be my dwelling place
where there will be no more gloomy Friday's
only Son filled days

Comments

Popular Posts