Hide and Seek

Xavier always chooses to hide himself
or you
under a blanket

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8,  ....ready or not, here I come"
how often did you play hide and seek as a child?
I am guessing if there are children in your life
you may still play it 
(that is kind of how I got my black eye a few weeks ago)

the rules are simple
one person is chosen to be it
it closes their eyes 
then counts to a predetermined number while everyone else hides
once the counting is over
it yells "ready or not, here I come!"
and then goes on the hunt,
trying to find and tag those who hid
the first one tagged is the one who counts next
"Olly, Olly in free" is what the counter says when he/she is tired of looking
that phrase is the 'free pass' for anyone still hiding to come in safely

sometimes a good hiding spot is hard to find
and you have to scramble for cover 
because ready or not,
it is coming and you don't want to get caught
if you found a spot to hide,
you stay hidden, 
quiet as can be, 
hoping it will pass you by
because if they do, 
you can sneak out and run for home base
if it sees you 
you still have an opportunity to escape
IF you can outmaneuver and outrun the person who is it
and make it to base before they catch you
so you do what you have to do

dodge
weave
circle
run
twist

what's the point of rehashing a child's game?

because all day it has been rolling through my mind:
I was not ready to be a widow, 
but ready or not,
the counting was over before I realized it had even started
time was up
there was no place to hide
I had to face "it"

I am thankful to be able to say
I am playing the "game" well
I have the best hiding spot-
in the care of the Almighty God
and I seek His face daily

I still have a life to live
so ready, or not, each time I face "it",
when I feel like there is something chasing me down,
I remember where home is
and as long as I keep my eyes focused on where I am going
when the enemy tries to trip me up, 
he cannot stop me 
he cannot catch and hold me
because I know this world is temporary
heaven is my home
and I will do whatever I need to do to make it there safely

"Out of my distress I called on the Lordthe Lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? 
Psalm 118:5-7

"I call upon you, for You will answer me, O God; incline Your ear to me; hear my words. Wondrously show Your steadfast love,O Savior of those who seek refuge from their adversaries at Your right hand. Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings " 
Psalm 17:6-8


“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also."  
John 14:1-3

Comments

Popular Posts