Not At This Address

This was in my mailbox today.
And this afternoon I didn't feel like crying when I saw it.
It actually made me smile.
Why?
Bill has no more worries.



I know I am not the only one who receives this kind of mail, and I know that it will continue to be delivered here. For years. As a matter of fact stuff will probably still be coming for Bill long after I am gone from this earth and my kids will have to trash it. I have (mostly) gotten over the immediate anguish that used to accompany visiting the mailbox to find something  with his name on it. I have even (mostly) grown past being angry that it serves as a reminder Bill is gone. This and the envelopes from Money magazine and others like it that keep sending "Last Chance" offers remind me of his diligence in providing well for his family. He did a wonderful job. And the retirement he is enjoying from his labor is, literally, out of this world. 

(How fun would it be if I could write "not at this address" on those, along with an explaination, and have them returned to the company?)

 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also." 
John 14:1-3

Comments

Popular Posts