unexpected, take two?

so
something unexpected happened yesterday
when I was at church cleaning

there is a movable podium in the Sanctuary
it is used by Darrell for Sunday School
and Donald for Sunday and Wednesday night services
















it has been used for as long as I can remember
I have picked up things and set them on it to throw away
I have taken outdated bulletins I found on it and tossed them

yesterday I noticed something new
the part that the speaker can place their notes on-
it lifts up
so, 
being the responsible cleaning person that I am
I decided I should probably check to see if it needed cleaned out

I casually opened it
and was shocked by what was inside
and confused as to what they were doing THERE
















I am guessing someone kindly took extra copies to church 2+years ago
to share with those who were not able to attend the funeral or calling hours
but man, oh, man, that was nowhere on my radar to see again

I almost left them there
after all, what does one do with multiple copies of those?
I sure do miss that man

reminders of Bill are everywhere
and I am thankful to be in a place 
where more often than not, they cause me to smile

Comments

Popular Posts