gray day, Hope



sometimes

the cloud cover 
                                             is broad 
                                                 and deep
                                                        far reaching

that is how I felt emotionally when I woke up this morning

I was wrestling with numerous "big" things -
situations that required prayer and wisdom
some for me
some for family
some for friends

I was in the kitchen,
gathering my breakfast, 
when I got distracted, 
looking out the window 
gazing at the neighbors garden spot
wishing Sam wouldn't dig up everything I plant
so I could have a garden
when suddenly, 
the sun broke through the dismal gray day

I hurried to get my camera to take a video
because it was a visual of what was going on inside of me
the wind was blowing
you can hear it making the chimes generate music
you notice it causing the pine tree bush to dance
you can see it pushing the layers of clouds along their way
and don't miss how the sun keeps peeking through...

as I stood and watched
I could hear a gentle whisper
"keep trusting Me"
and as I took a minute to let that soak in deeply
there was more
"all of those things that are trying to cloud your vision and darken your day-
they are passing"

a few minutes later 
I received a phone call that brought tears to my eyes
one of the situations that I thought might damage a relationship
well, it was resolved
without me having to "do" anything other than the praying I'd already done

suddenly the rest of those "things" that I was wrestling in prayer about
weren't so dark
weren't so heavy



Comments

Popular Posts