fuel for the fire

Jonathan was able to look at my downstairs heating unit yesterday
unfortunately he was not able to diagnose the problem
fortunately a man he works with is going to come look at it
unfortunately he was not able to make it out today
fortunately we have been having unusually warm weather
the a small fire I have kept burning is enough to ward off the chill
it isn't cold in the house, but the rain makes it feel damp and cool

as I went out to the woodpile today to get more fuel for the fire
I realized my supply is quickly dwindling
my heart raced for a minute as my mind scrambled
I thought about staying nervous 
but decided "nah, that is just wasted energy"
I figured someone will be out to look at the unit tomorrow
and if not, I will call a friend, not sure who, 
I was going to make a mental list this evening 
to see if I can get more wood before it gets cold later this week

I sat on the couch to eat dinner,
put my feet up to relax a bit,
got my computer out,
checked my e-mail 
and then went to Facebook 

I had two messages
first one from my cousin
second one, from a friend, made me cry


Was just wondering how your wood pile was looking? Steve was asking about it last night.

this message was sent at 3:18 this afternoon
close to the time I was carrying wood,
when "I may need to call someone" was just a thought, not a plan 

tell me that God does not see me,
that God does not hear my prayers,
even the ones I don't realize I make,
that He is far off and not concerned about the "little things"
and I will disagree wholeheartedly...

Comments

Popular Posts