the power of habit

every single day this week has been gray and mid 30's
but I have been lacing up my shoes and walking 2 1/2 miles 
yesterday I even enjoyed it

this morning was gray again
but yesterday I had peeked at the forecast-
it was supposed to be sunny and high 30's from 3-5pm

I went to bed knowing Saturday would be the best day of the week
I woke up tired
grouchy
without an ounce of motivation to put on my shoes,
let alone walk 

sheer stubbornness
and the heart sticker for the calendar 
got me outside

I left the house planning to count walking to the Mission Thrift Store 
about a quarter of a mile
and working there for a few hours as my walk for today
simply putting one foot in front of the other took major effort 
and I counted getting dressed and out the door a major accomplishment


but I knew,
as soon as it was time to call it a day,
what I originally intended was not enough
I had to put forth a little more effort to continue the habit I am cultivating
and as I rounded the parking lot in front of Waters Hall at KCU,
the sun broke through
it may be fanciful thinking, but I'm sure it was encouragement from my Father

Comments

Popular Posts