pushing buttons


scrolling 
I see unrest
name calling
finger pointing
ugliness
from people who don't know Jesus
and from some who do

tonight all I can think is this:
how we, who claim to be Jesus followers, act,
how we react, 
the events/things we focus on, obsess over and get upset about,
and the issues we talk about with passion
speak louder about where our faith is than any of the "Christian"
words we use 
clothing with slogans we own
bumper stickers we attach
body art or jewelry we choose to represent ourselves and our faith 
ever will

"love one another" has no parameters
"obey God" has no qualifiers
"pray" has no limitations
"trust God" has no boundaries
He sees
He hears
He cares
He knows
He is not surprised
He is in control
He has an eternal plan He is working

am I saying Christians should not be concerned about current events?
or stay silent?
absolutely not

I am saying this world is not our home
and our King has standards He expects us to uphold as we represent Him
we can be bold and take a stand without being rude or unkind

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

 “If you love me, keep my commands." John 14:15

"In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And His commands are not burdensome... 1 John 5:3

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge.Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:7-8

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:4-8

Comments

Popular Posts