I'm there

I am thankful.
I am excited.
I have reached a point where this:
coupled with this:

were more compelling than making excuses to remain in a place of comfort and ease


at 8:44 this morning I left my cozy home


to walk in this:

knowing it would be warmer later in the day.

Why?

Because the only way I could spend the day with Elizabeth and Sarah was to leave Grayson by 10AM to meet them in Lexington. I wouldn't have an opportunity to get my walk in unless I did it early. In the cold. Because I have been exercising mental toughness there really was no question about braving the elements.

Was it hard? 
Honestly, yes. My face was freezing.
Was it worth it?
Absolutely.
I got time with two of my girls and I kept a commitment to myself.

whatever new habit you are trying to implement
whatever exercise you are attempting to add to your routine
keep at it, one step, one day at a time

Comments

Popular Posts