the drive by

I prayed about the farm during my alone with Jesus time this morning

I read the comments some of you wrote about the farm

I got the mail this morning and this was in it:


a sign?

I don't know, but I did something significant:

I called the number in the note

I talked to a stranger and carried on an adult conversation

I asked intelligent questions

I asked a bold question

I got answers

I got detailed directions

I called my son Jonathan for advice

and I took a drive

this song was playing as I got on the interstate:


another sign that I was making the right move?


turns out the numbers the man gave me were not his address 

it is the road the farm is on

his description was so detailed I assumed what the numbers were 

I took in a deep breath and thought "I'll drive and see what I can see"

I travelled the length of the road

searching carefully for anything resembling the description

and didn't see anything I had envisioned the house might look like


I got brave (again)

stopped in a church parking lot

and called back,

hoping to get the house number

but was sent to voicemail immediately


I prayed and drove a little farther

I ended up calling at least 7 times in 19 minutes

because after the first pass I decided it wouldn't hurt to drive the road again 

and each time I dialed I took a deep breath, 

ready to ask if I could drive by,

not stop in, 

just come by and look at the outside from my car

and got sent to voicemail 

so, 

I may or may not have done a drive by of the farm today

I sense the Lord answering my prayers with a four letter word 

one that I struggle hearing:

WAIT

I am not sure why I'm supposed to wait, but experience tells me it will work out better for me if I listen. Bonuses: now I know I CAN call a stranger about a house, and I am familiar with the area so if I'm supposed to call back I'll know where I'm going. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts